Monday, May 13, 2013

Thinking of winter


So, with it being Mother's Day, I asked the husband to do a bit of 'weeding' for me.



In all seriousness, we went over our to-do list for the backyard, and came to the realization that, yes, really! It's a priority to start cutting down some fire wood. First, it'll give the old garden plot ever so slightly more sun. Second, the wood needs to be cut and split and dried or aged for at least 6 months.
2 winters ago, I paid several hundred dollars for a cord of 6 month old firewood. I'd rather not do that again! So together we cut and dropped the tree, then I tended to other chores mostly related to finding some beer in the basement and testing the new bench... At day's end, this is what I was looking at and it sure made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment