Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Homemade Art Kit

This art kit has a history going back to my oldest daughter's sixth birthday. I had slacked and not come up with much, until the very night before the big day. I went into a bit of a sewing frenzy to complete the first of its kind.


 


It has been such a success on trips, museum visits, and outings in nature, I quickly made another one for the middle daughter:

 

This time I had learned a few things about making the construction more efficient. Namely the bottom of the zipper pocket is integrated into the binding and the corners are rounded so it can be bound in one go-around.

The third time, not much change, I've got the pattern down!



And the birthday girls was so delighted to have one just like her big sisters!





The Self Sufficient HomeAcre

8 comments:

  1. Genial und das passt hervorragend in meine neue Challenge, schau doch mal rein, ich freu mich auf dich und deine Werke.

    LG Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. These are so beautifully made. I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wunderschön, die 3 Mäppchen. Ich wüsst jetzt nicht,
    welches mein Favourit wär...
    LG
    Car o

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea, my boys (ages 12, 7, and 6) would love these for car rides! So easy to personalize the contents too. :)
    Found you via the Frugally Sustainable link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that - makes me wish that I was in school again hahahaha. Thanks so much for linking up to “Tuesdays with a Twist” blog hop!
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great creative project and gift. Thanks for sharing!

    Please join us again Thursday at:
    The HomeAcre Hop

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for a roll up art kit. I like the portability

    ReplyDelete